The Jr. Klippers got off to a solid start in tonight's preseason game against the Battlefords North Stars on the road. Kindersley got on the board first on a goal by Aidan Bangs on a scramble at the 6:06 mark. The assists went to Ethan Hilbig and Kyler Smith. 

The North Stars answered back with a goal of their own, as Ethan Scriven put in a bouncing puck past Colton Phillips-Watts to tie the score at one at the 11:16 mark.

Kindersley got a late powerplay in the first period, and took advantage, as Matthew Mazzocchi put one home at the 18:04 mark, with the assists going to Aidan Bangs and Josh Morton. That's how it stayed heading into the first intermission. Kindersley outshot the Battlefords 19-5 in the opening period. 

After a solid penalty kill early, Kindersley then added to their lead at the 9:31 mark of the second period, as Cash Arnsten made it 3-1, with the lone assist going to Matthew Ripplinger. The Battlefords took over from there, dominating the play in the second half of the period, scoring at the 13:43 mark, on a goal by defenseman Tynan Ewart on a odd man rush, with the helpers going to Holden Doell and Colby Bear. Then just 1:15 later the North Stars tied it on another odd man rush, as defenseman Jordan Grill scored this time, with the assists going to Steven Kessering and Brad Blake. 

The shots reflected the strong period by the home team, as they out shot Kindersley 15-9. The Jr. Klippers held the shot advantage overall, 28-20 after two.

The third period saw no scoring, but plenty of tenacity from both sides. Kindersley defenseman Josh Morton was hit late by North Stars Wilson Steele in the corner and no penalty was called. This caused John Vanden Elzen to step in for his teammate and grab Steele and fisticuffs ensued. Morton left the game and did not return. The teams traded hits and shots, but no goals were scored in the third period. Kindersley took the play to the Battlefords after the Vanden Elzen fight, and nearly scored late, as Aidan Bangs had a chance, but could not get the puck by a sliding defenseman and goaltender Josh Kotai. The teams solved nothing in regulation, and they headed to overtime.

The 3-on-3 overtime did not last long, as Tynan Ewart got his second of game 30 seconds into overtime, to seal the 4-3 win for the North Stars. The teams don't have to wait long to renew hostilities, and they play at the West Central Events Centre tomorrow night at 7:30 pm.