The Kindersley Jr. Klippers and Notre Dame Hounds played a back and forth game last night at the WCEC. The opening period remained scoreless until late, when the Hounds capitalized on the powerplay, as captain Jaryd Sych threw a seeing eye shot from the point that found the back of the net, to give Notre Dame a 1-0 lead at the 16:36 mark. That is the way it stayed after one. The Hounds out shot the Jr. Klippers 12-10 in the period.

The second period is where the Jr. Klippers and Ethan Hilbig went to work, as he scored his first SJHL goal on the powerplay at the 6:37 mark on a nice deflection, with the lone assist going to Liam Bell. Kindersley then went to work on another powerplay later on in the period, with Hilbig once again putting in a rebound at the 14:17 mark to give the Jr. Klippers the lead. The assists went to Spencer Paplawski and Cameron Rimstead. Kindersley held on to the one goal lead into the second intermission. Kindersley out shot Notre Dame 12-3 in the second.

The third period saw a slough of goals, with the Hounds Will Dawson scoring on a partial break, to nod the game at two just 1:03 in. Kindersley answered just over a minute later, as Tylin Hilbig made a nice pass after a faceoff win, to a wide open Cash Arnsten, and he buried it to give the Jr. Klippers a one goal lead once again. Then the Jr. Klippers were shorthanded once again just about half way through the period, and Notre Dame's powerplay went to work, as Sam Kroon scored to tie the game at three.

Then as the teams skated four players a side, Sych got his second of the game on a 3-on-2 break, to give the Hounds a 4-3 lead at the 14:04 mark. That is the way it stayed until late in the third period, with just under three seconds left, Cameron Rimstead won an offensive zone faceoff with some help from Nathan DeGraves, and he got it back to Liam Bell who buried it right at the buzzer, to unbelievably tie the game at four. The shots in the third period were 8-7 in favour of the Jr. Klippers.

The 3-on-3 overtime saw a plethora of chances for Kindersley, but they could not bury them. This included captain Brayden Koch, who beat Hounds goaltender Tucker Inabinet, but not the crossbar. The teams went back and forth but no scoring was recorded, and the game would be decided in a shootout. 

Kindersley shot first in the shootout, and Aidan Bangs scored on his attempt to give Kindersley an early lead. Notre Dame answered back with Will Dawson beating Colton Phillips-Watts to tie the shootout. Brock Evans was tapped for Kindersley next, and could not beat Tucker Inabinet. Then Sych for the Hounds, who already had two goals in regulation, scored again in the shootout to give the Hounds the lead. Tylin Hilbig had to score to keep Kindersley alive, but could not, and the Jr. Klippers fell 5-4 in the shootout. 

Kindersley will now look forward to their Goose Festival match up this weekend against the Melville Millionaires, on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. from the WCEC.