The calls to service for the Unity, Macklin and Wilkie RCMP from May 17 to 23 included the report of two thefts from Motor Vehicles that were reported May 18th. Members attended to fields adjacent to Highway #14 in the RM of Buffalo where two tractors belonging to two different farmers had been broken into and the GPS and Autosteer mechanisms had been stolen. Police believe the two thefts are related and are looking for any information that the public may be able to provide to identify the subjects responsible for the thefts.
· RCMP received a complaint of an individual throwing a bottle at a residence garage. This matter is still under investigation.
· Police are investigating two separate complaints of theft from a motor vehicle.
· Members attended the sudden death of a 79-year-old female from the Scott area. The death was not suspicious in nature.
· There were also three traffic complaints and one false 911 call.
· RCMP received a Mental Health Act complaint. Members spoke to the subject of complaint.
· Police received a complaint of disturbing the peace. Members patrolled but could not locate the subject of complaint.
· Members received a complaint of disturbing the peace. The subject of complaint was located and transported to North Battleford cells to be lodged until sober. No charges were laid.
· RCMP received a report of a calf on Highway 14 near Wilkie. Members assisted the animal owner in herding the animal back into the field.
· Police received a complaint of assault. Members attended. The complainant requested no further action be taken.
· There was also one traffic complaint.
· RCMP received a complaint of trespassing. Members attended but the subject of complaint was gone on arrival.
· Members received two reports of individuals damaging property at two separate oil leases north of Macklin but there was insufficient evidence to proceed in both occurrences.
· Police received a Mental Health Act complaint. Members spoke to the subject of complaint.
· RCMP received another Mental Health Act complaint. Members spoke to the subject of complaint.
· Members attended a tractor fire in a rural area near Macklin. Macklin Fire Department extinguished the fire which was not suspicious in nature.
· CP Police reported an individual walking on the railway tracks in Macklin. Members patrolled but could not locate the individual.
Persons with information about crimes being committed in the Unity / Wilkie/ Macklin areas are urged to call the Unity RCMP detachment at (306) 228-6300; the Wilkie RCMP at (306) 843-3480; or the Macklin RCMP at (306) 753-2171. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may also call Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or *8477 on the SaskTel Mobility Network.
You can also submit a tip online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.