Heritage Manor or the Kindersley and District Health Centre Long Term Care is experiencing a respiratory illness outbreak.
The cause of the outbreak is currently being investigated, and Heritage Manor is the region's lone facility with outbreak safety measures in place.
Workers at Heritage Manor are using the following precautions to avoid infection:
- Patients with respiratory symptoms are currently limited to their rooms until cured of the
- Suitable medication is being distributed
- Limitations are in place for visitors, and notices of the limitations have been posed on the patient's doors.
In a release, the Heartland Health Region is reminding residents to do the following:
- Schedule an appointment to get a flu shot
- Cover your mouth when coughing
- Stay home when sick, and contact your doctor when neccerary
- Wash hands correctly, and often