With temperatures dropping below -30 this morning and in some cases -40 with the wind chill we are starting to see bus cancellations throughout the region this morning.
Click here for a full list of Sun West School Division Cancellations
With the extreme wind chill it is very important to keep warm this morning and throughout the day.
The following was provided by Environment Canada
4:01 AM CST Friday 09 February 2018
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Antelope Park including Loverna and Hoosier
- R.M. of Biggar including Biggar and Springwater
- R.M. of Chesterfield including Eatonia and Mantario
- R.M. of Eye Hill including Macklin Denzil and Evesham
- R.M. of Grandview including Handel and Kelfield
- R.M. of Grass Lake including Salvador and Reward
- R.M. of Heart's Hill including Cactus Lake
- R.M. of Kindersley including Kindersley Brock and Flaxcombe
- R.M. of Mariposa including Tramping Lake and Broadacres
- R.M. of Marriott south of Biggar
- R.M. of Milton including Alsask and Marengo
- R.M. of Monet including Elrose Wartime and Forgan
- R.M. of Mountain View including Herschel and Stranraer
- R.M. of Newcombe including Glidden and Madison
- R.M. of Oakdale including Coleville
- R.M. of Pleasant Valley including McGee and Fiske
- R.M. of Prairiedale including Major and Smiley
- R.M. of Progress including Kerrobert and Luseland
- R.M. of Reford including Landis and Leipzig
- R.M. of Rosemount including Cando and Traynor
- R.M. of Snipe Lake including Eston and Plato
- R.M. of St Andrews including Rosetown and Zealandia
- R.M. of Tramping Lake including Scott and Revenue
- R.M. of Winslow including Dodsland and Plenty
A period of very cold wind chills is expected.
\Morning temperatures near minus 30 combined with northwesterly winds of 15 to 20 km/h are producing extreme wind chill values for a large portion of southern Saskatchewan and southwestern Manitoba. Extreme wind chill values will moderate by midday.
Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.