The man charged in relation to the fatal Humboldt Broncos bus crash was released on $1,000 bail Monday.
Jaskirat Singh Sidhu, 29, from Calgary, made his first appearance in Melfort Provincial Court.
Sidhu faces 16 counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death and 13 counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily injury.
The Crown consented to Sidhu’s release on several conditions including:
- $1,000 bail
- a ban on operating a motor vehicle while out of custody
- an order to surrender his passport.
- not allowed to change his Calgary address
- cannot travel more than 100 kilometers from his home
- required to see a doctor as instructed by a probation officer
- check in regularly with police either in person or by phone
Sidhu is due back in court on August 21.