The Unity RCMP recently charged an Alberta resident after officers received a complaint of a stolen truck.
34-year-old Khoda Sullivan of Drumheller, Ab., was charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime when a truck and suspect were located near Cut Knife by local officers. Sullivan was held in custody and appeared in court yesterday.
Unity officers also recovered an SUV which was stolen from Drumheller, the investigation is still on-going.
Wilkie officers responded to several calls last week, including a 50-year-old male from Tramping Lake who was charged with Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
RCMP also acted as mediators between an employer and previous employee, and received a request to speak to a child regarding behavior issues.
Macklin RCMP also had a request to speak to children, however not regarding behavior issues, but rather vehicle safety. Last week officers also found an Alberta licence plate that was stolen out of Edmonton, Ab., and is still under investigation.
The full list of calls for service for the Macklin, Wilkie and Unity RCMP for the week ending April 8, 2019, is as follows:
• RCMP received a Mental Health Act complaint. Members attended and spoke with the subject of complaint.
• Members assisted Emergency Medical Services with a patient.
• Police conducted a wellbeing check at the request of Health Services.
• Members received a report of harassing communications but there was insufficient evidence to proceed.
• There were also two false alarms, one traffic complaint and one false 911 call.
• RCMP received a complaint of an unwanted individual at a residence. Reported for information purposes as the individual had already left the premises.
• RCMP received a report of an outbuilding fire at a rural residence. The Fire Department did not attend as fire was extinguished by property owner. Reported for insurance purposes.
• A 50-year-old male from Tramping Lake was charged with Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle during a traffic stop.
• Members acted as mediators in a dispute between two individuals.
• Police received a complaint of a dog barking in Wilkie. Members referred the complaint to the Bylaw Officer.
• RCMP received a complaint of harassing communications but there was insufficient evidence to proceed.
• Police received a request to speak to children about vehicle safety.
• Members received several calls regarding a suspicious car driving in Macklin without a licence plate. Members patrolled but could not locate the subject of complaint.
• RCMP received a report of a found Alberta licence plate. The plate was stolen out of Edmonton, Alberta. This matter is still under investigation.
• There was also one traffic complaint.
The Unity RCMP detachment will be holding a Town Hall meeting tonight, April 9, 2019, at 7:00pm at the Macklin Communiplex.
Officers state they will be discussing the past year’s policing activities while also establishing policing objectives for the upcoming year.
An open invitation is extended to all community members in the detachment area.