It's looking like perfect weather for Halloween. Trick-or-treaters will be out all day after school, and the Kindersley RCMP are sharing their annual tips to make sure safety remains a priority.
Kindersley RCMP would like to remind would be trick or treaters of the following safety tips:
- Make sure your costume is spooky AND safe: Wear well-fitting costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision and falls.
- Here’s a bright idea: Wear reflective tape on your costume or carry a flashlight. This way you’re visible to drivers!
- Use the buddy system: Travel in groups of four or more. Young children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Check your loot: Have an adult sort and check candy for signs of tampering, allergies and expiration dates.
- Slow down: With lots of children crossing the streets drivers are reminded to be cautious and slow down in residential areas.
Kindersley's detachment will join the many around Canada conducting extra patrols to make sure Halloween fun doesn't get to far out of hand, and to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable evening.
With it being the final Kindersley RCMP report of the month, police closed out the month with 29 calls for service between October 23 and October 29. These included, but were not limited to, two mischiefs to property, one break and enter, and one uttering threats calls for service.