The calls to service for the Unity, Wilkie and Macklin RCMP from October 24 to 30 a male from Macklin being charged with various offences after there was a complaint of an individual smashing a residence door window in Denzil. Also noted during the week was a report of a shop on fire in Macklin. The fire was extinguished by Macklin and Provost Fire Departments.
View the full Unity, Wilkie and Macklin RCMP report below.
· RCMP received a report of trespassing. Reported for information purposes.
· An individual reported locating a hunting blind in a rural area.
· CN Police reported a railway crossing malfunction in a rural area near Unity. Reported for information purposes.
· A 36-year-old male from Macklin was charged with Breaking, Entering and Committing, Mischief and Theft Under $5000 after Members received a complaint of an individual smashing a residence door window in Denzil.
· Police received a report of a residence fire in Unity. The fire was extinguished by Unity Fire Department and was not suspicious in nature.
· RCMP received a Mental Health Act complaint. Members spoke to the subject of complaint.
· Members assisted Saskatoon Police Service with an investigation.
· There were also four false 911 calls and three traffic complaints.
· RCMP received a request to keep the peace while Animal Protection Services attended a residence.
· Police received a complaint of harassing communications. This matter is still under investigation.
· Members are investigating another complaint of harassing communications.
· RCMP spoke to an individual with a residential property concern.
· Police received a complaint of trespassing, but it was unfounded.
· Members are investing a complaint of theft from a motor vehicle in Wilkie.
· There were also three traffic complaints.
· RCMP spoke to an individual regarding a child custody concern.
· A 26-year-old female from Provost was charged with Fail to Comply with an Undertaking Condition and Fail to Comply with a Release Order Condition during a traffic stop.
· Members issued a 60-day roadside suspension during a traffic stop.
· Police received a report of a shop on fire in Macklin. The fire was extinguished by Macklin and Provost Fire Departments. This matter is still under investigation.
· RCMP spoke to another individual regarding a child custody concern.
· Members attended a two-vehicle collision in Macklin. There were no injuries. A traffic ticket was issued to one vehicle driver.
· There was also one false 911 call.
Persons with information about crimes being committed in the Unity / Wilkie/ Macklin areas are urged to call the Unity RCMP detachment at (306)228-6300; the Wilkie RCMP at (306) 843-3480; or the Macklin RCMP at (306) 753-2171. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may also call Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or *8477 on the SaskTel Mobility Network.