The calls to service for the Unity, Macklin and Wilkie RCMP from January 16- 22 included a 34-year-old male from Unity being charged with Assault and two counts of Uttering Threats after Members received a Child Welfare Act complaint. Also of note, was a report of counterfeit money at a financial institution in Macklin. It was reported as per financial institution policy and there was insufficient evidence to proceed. The full Unity, Macklin and Wilkie RCMP report can be found below.
· RCMP received a report of a single vehicle collision with a tree in Unity. This matter is still under investigation.
· A 48-year-old male from Saskatoon was charged with Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle after Members received a complaint of vehicle hitting a fence.
· CN Police reported a railway crossing malfunction in Unity. Reported for information purposes.
· A 34-year-old male from Unity was charged with Assault and two counts of Uttering Threats after Members received a Child Welfare Act complaint.
· RCMP received a Mental Health Act complaint. The subject of complaint was transported to Unity Health Centre for assessment.
· Police received another Mental Health Act complaint. Members spoke to the subject of complaint.
· There were also two traffic complaints, three false 911 calls and one false alarm.
· RCMP attended a single vehicle collision with a rabbit. The vehicle was not drivable. Reported for insurance purposes.
· Police received a Mental Health Act complaint. Members transported the subject of complaint to Battlefords Union Hospital for assessment.
· Members received a report of criminal harassment. Reported for information purposes.
· A 22-year-old male from Cut Knife was charged with Assault after Members received a complaint of assault.
· RCMP received a report of counterfeit money at a financial institution. Reported as per financial institution policy. Insufficient evidence to proceed.
· Members acted as mediators in a dispute between two adults.
Persons with information about crimes being committed in the Unity / Wilkie/ Macklin areas are urged to call the Unity RCMP detachment at (306)228-6300; the Wilkie RCMP at (306) 843-3480; or the Macklin RCMP at (306) 753-2171. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may also call Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or *8477 on the SaskTel Mobility Network. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $2000.00 for information which leads to the arrest of person(s) responsible for any serious crime. Crime Stoppers is anonymous and does not subscribe to call display, nor are your calls traced or recorded. You can also submit a tip online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.